Shulmans LLP is a full service UK 200 corporate law firm.
We provide a full range of legal services to both private and public sector organisations, regionally, nationally and internationally via our Interlegal network. Based in the Leeds business district, and with an additional office facility in London, we have almost 100 lawyers and more than 200 people in total.
Our core services consist of:
- Corporate finance
- Commercial property;
- Property litigation;
- Residential development;
- Corporate finance;
- Regulatory and environment;
- Dispute resolution;
- General commercial services;
- Business restructuring and insolvency; and
- Debt recovery and credit management.
We also offer specialist services in sectors such as healthcare, house building, independent schools, chemicals, waste management, road transport and technology-driven property services. We have particular expertise in dealing with telecom masts, dilapidations and overseas investment in UK property.
In the last seven years, our profits increased threefold, and in 2016 there was an uplift in fee income of 7.5%.
Our success was recognised in 2016 at the Yorkshire Legal Awards and the Yorkshire Property Industry Awards, and in 2015 at the Yorkshire Legal Awards and the CICM British Credit Awards. Most recently, Partner Mark Lumley was named ‘Data Protection Lawyer of the Year,’ at the Finance Monthly FinTech Awards 2017.
We have been shortlisted for numerous awards, including:
- Business Masters Awards 2017 – Professional Services category;
- Insider Business Leader Awards 2017 – Director of the Year (up to £35m) – Tim Halstead;
- Yorkshire Rainmaker Awards 2017 – International Deal of the Year;
- The Lawyer Awards 2017 – Regional Firm of the Year; and
- Yorkshire Property Industry Awards 2017 – Property Law Firm of the Year.
We have been shortlisted for Law Firm 11-30 Partners, Dispute Resolution and Intellectual Property at the Yorkshire Legal Awards 2017 and Excellence in International Legal Services at the Law Society Excellence Awards 2017.