Mills & Reeve LLP
Steve Allen – Partner, Head of Birmingham office
What really sets Mills & Reeve apart from other law firms is the way we work with you. We understand that clients no longer want a traditional law firm in the 21st century – you want one that embraces forward thinking approaches to service, billing, commercial know-how, innovation, people management and community engagement.
And what about our actual legal advice? Our concise approach helps to solve the most complex of legal problems. Mills & Reeve routinely performs world-class work for our world-class clients across a wide range of sectors
We have 115 partners and over 400 lawyers ready to address your legal needs. Mills & Reeve has the resources to deal with large transactions, but we still maintain a close relationship with our clients that you would expect from a smaller firm. Our focus is on a personal approach and we strive to match you with the best team, from your client partner to the paralegals and legal secretaries providing that essential support.
The success of this approach is reflected in the calibre and variety of clients that appoint us. We work for global PLCs, high net worth individuals, landowners, universities and educational organisations, private and public companies, FTSE and AIM listed businesses and over 100 healthcare organisations.
The distinctive mix of clients gives us the knowledge and experience to really support you, your business and your objectives.
Some things you should know about us
• We are a major UK firm and among the 50 largest UK law firms
• We use firms across the globe to support our clients’ international requirements
• Our commercial clients include global and UK based businesses, FTSE and AIM listed organisations, private companies and start ups
• Clients include businesses – from PLCs to start-ups – high net worth individuals and landowners, more than 120 universities, colleges and education bodies and over 100 healthcare organisations
• We have the largest private tax team outside of London and one of the largest family teams in the world
• More than 890 people work for the firm, including 115 partners and over 400 lawyers
• 96 per cent of them would recommend Mills & Reeve as a good place to work
• We have been named for a record eleventh year running as one of The Sunday Times’ Best 100 Companies to Work For and have held the Investor in People accreditation since 1996
• We have six offices in Birmingham, Cambridge, Leeds, London, Manchester and Norwich
• We have been ranked number 1 in 26 of our practice areas in Chambers UK, the highest percentage of any top law firm
• We are a patron of the British American Business Council (BABC) and were instrumental in the decision to hold it’s annual Transatlantic Business Conference in Birmingham in 2013.
• We work with University of Birmingham to run the Birmingham Free Legal Advice Group (FLAG). The scheme is supervised by more than 30 lawyers from Mills & Reeve and offers written legal advice from family and children to company and contract law.